Providing a happy and comforting workspace for your employees isn’t just a nice idea for morale, it also can impact your bottom line in a major way through higher retention rates.
Everything from the colors used, to the furniture selected, to the overall atmosphere of the office will influence your employees’ mood and attitude. In today’s competitive business world, to draw top talent and keep it, you need to create a workplace where your employees enjoy coming to on a daily basis.
All offices and companies can certainly do this by keeping these ideas in mind:
- Companies are creating workplaces where employees not only have office space but also include a common area where they can come together to brainstorm and collaborate – from coffee bars to break rooms to comfortable meeting spots. Your employees will probably spend more of their waking time in your office than anywhere else, so the office design should be as welcoming as possible. Even if your company isn’t normally considered the most exciting industry, you can make your culture and identity interesting. Having an extraordinary office design gives your company that competitive advantage.
- Create an open plan with comforting wall colors and office accessories. Colors can make or break a person’s mood, so it is important to choose colors that will give the employees a positive attitude when they walk through the door. These colors are known to have a positive effect on people:
- Red was used to stimulate the body and mind and to increase circulation.
- Yellow was thought to stimulate the nerves and purify the body.
- Orange was used to heal the lungs and to increase energy levels.
- Blue was believed to soothe illnesses and treat pain.
- Indigo shades were thought to alleviate skin problems.
- Give everyone in the office an opinion. Statistics and surveys show that employees who believe their views are important tend to have a more positive view of their employers. That goes for the office design also. Giving others a voice in how the office should be designed will make them feel important and valued, which leads to better retention and a better reputation for the work atmosphere. The better your reputation, the easier it is to attract top talent to your business. Check out this article on the subject, “Your office design influences your biggest assets – your property and your people.
By creating an excellent workplace design, you can not only be proud of your office, but you can sell your work environment to your prospective employees, and make your current employees proud as well.
At Innovative Office Solutions, our expert design staff has the training and experience to make sure your next office is an ideal workspace to help you retain and attract the best talent in your industry. Get a free quote today or contact us at 1-800-253-3005 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.