How to Choose the Best Office Chair for Your Back
Do you get up to stretch during the workday, because you are really stiff or sore? Your office chair may be playing a very big role in this discomfort.
If your job involves a lot of sitting, then you cannot cut corners when it comes to your office chair. Sitting in the correct posture can almost be impossible if your chair does not promote good posture. So what does a Good-For-Your-Back office chair look like? Here are some qualifications from Spine-Health.com.
– Seat height. The chair’s seat height should be easily adjustable. Your feet should be flat on the floor, thighs horizontal and arms level with the height of your desk.
– Seat width and depth. The width of your chair should be adequate for your movement. The depth should be enough so that you are not sitting on the edge, but not to much where the back of your knees are touching the seat of the chair.
– Lumbar Support. Your lumbar (lower back) can get sore without proper lumbar support. Having a chair with lumbar adjustment is critical.
– Backrest. Again it comes back to making sure that the back is adjustable for you. A locking mechanism is needed to make sure the back does not slip during use.
– Material. The chair’s material should be breathable, but have enough cushion to keep you comfortable.
We all know that when we’re comfortable we can perform at a higher level. That’s another reason selecting the perfect chair is essential to your office planning process. We hope you’ve found this article helpful in selecting the perfect office chair. If you are interested in speaking with one of our Office Design Professionals feel free to contact us at 419-925-5433 or visit our showroom located at 8016 Industrial Drive, Maria Stein, Ohio. Our design team can visit your office to construct the perfect workspace for your team. To book your appointment click here.